Friday, January 7, 2011

The Batmaster Speaks About TDKR And Inception

Christopher Nolan sat down with Deadline again recently to talk about the home video release of Inception and future projects and had a few cool things to say.
     First he spoke more on why The Dark Knight Rises is not in 3D and he had this to say: "In the case of Batman, I view those as iconic, operatic movies, dealing with larger-than-life characters. The intimacy that the 3D parallax illusion imposes isn’t really compatible with that. We are finishing our story on the next Batman, and we want to be consistent to the look of the previous films."  Nolan also shared his thoughts on Heath Ledger winning the Oscar for The Dark Knight: " I was extremely gratified to see people responding to work that I knew was great. And I was very proud to have been a part in its creation, or at least in creating a world where a great artist could really show what he could do. It was a great honor to be in any way involved in that."  And lastly what is in the future of the world of Inception:  "I’ve always liked the potential of the world. It’s an infinite, or perhaps I should say an infinitesimal world that fascinates me. At the moment, we’re exploring a video game, which is something I’ve been very interested in doing for a number of years. This lends itself nicely to that. As far as sequels go, I think of Inception as one film, but that’s how I approach all my films. When I was making Batman Begins, I certainly didn’t have any thoughts of doing a second Batman film, let alone a third. You never quite know where your creative interests are going to take you, but when I was making Inception, I viewed it as a stand-alone movie."

No comments: