Friday, September 16, 2011

Movie Of THe Week September 16, 2011: 28 Days Later (2002)

Welcome to a brand new  Movie Of The Week, a new weekly feature at the Blog!  How does this differ from Trailer Park, well one it is weekly and two I hope to get interaction from YOU, the Comicpalooza fans.  I want you to email me a pick for Movie Of The Week, and I will use them and post those picks as the weeks go by!  Email me your picks at comicpaloozablog@yahoo.com!  Start thinking of your Movie Of The Week and send it to me!

 28 Days Later (2002)

Synopsis: Four weeks after a mysterious, incurable virus spreads throughout the UK, a handful of survivors try to find sanctuary.

Released June 27, 2003 in the U.S.
Director: Danny Boyle
Domestic Box Office Gross:$45 Million
Running Time: 1 Hour 43 Minutes
Starring Cillian Murphy

Why You Should Watch It: Before Danny Boyle was an Oscar winning director, he made this visual sci-fi horror film starring a young Cillian Murphy.  The movie took the idea of "zombie" survival and modernized it using the idea of a virus to cause the horror.  And horror it did cause, as this movie scared the hell out of people when it was released.

No comments: