Monday, October 17, 2011

Movie Of The Week: October 17, 2011: The Thing (1982)

Welcome to a brand new  Movie Of The Week, a new weekly feature at the Blog!  How does this differ from Trailer Park, well one it is weekly and two I hope to get interaction from YOU, the Comicpalooza fans.  I want you to email me a pick for Movie Of The Week, and I will use them and post those picks as the weeks go by!  Email me your picks at comicpaloozablog@yahoo.com!  Start thinking of your Movie Of The Week and send it to me!

The Thing (1982)

Synopsis:  Scientists in the Antarctic are confronted by a shape-shifting alien that assumes the appearance of the people that it kills.

Released  June 25, 1982
Director:  John Carpenter
Domestic Box Office Gross:  $19.6 Million
Running Time:  1 Hour 49 Minutes
Starring: Kurt Russel, Keith David, and Wilford Brimley

Why You Should Watch It:  With the prequel/remake in theaters now, maybe it's time to revisit the classic 1982 film.  There's also the 1951 film The Thing From Another World.  Either way you will be watching a solid science fiction film that may just scare the hell out of you in the process!

No comments: