Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Movie Of The Week - October 26, 2011: Night Of The Living Dead (1968)

Welcome to a brand new  Movie Of The Week, a new weekly feature at the Blog!  How does this differ from Trailer Park, well one it is weekly and two I hope to get interaction from YOU, the Comicpalooza fans.  I want you to email me a pick for Movie Of The Week, and I will use them and post those picks as the weeks go by!  Email me your picks at comicpaloozablog@yahoo.com!  Start thinking of your Movie Of The Week and send it to me!

Night Of The Living Dead (1968)

Synopsis:  A group of people hide from bloodthirsty zombies in a farmhouse. .

Released  October 1, 1968
Director:  George A. Romero
Domestic Box Office Gross:  $30 Million (Worldwide)
Running Time:  1 Hour 36 Minutes
Starring: Duane Jones & Judith O'Dea  

Why You Should Watch It:  This is the movie that made zombies cool!  28 Days Later, Dawn Of The Dead, The Walking Dead....all are inspired by this black and white classic!  It still stands up today in the genre as a horrifying and gritty look at just what if the dead came back to life!

No comments: